Aims and Scope
The aims of this conference are:
– to provide a communication forum for the exchange of knowledge and technology among scientists interested in the Analysis of Pesticides and related Organic Emerging Pollutants in Environmental and Food/Feed matrices;
– to promote the collaboration and transfer of knowledge among scientists, industry officers, official authorities and environmental managers concerning priority and emerging organic contaminants, particularly pesticides, risk evaluation in the environment and food, analytical breakthroughs, algorithms for fate and behaviour modelling, experimental design and interpretation of data;
– to encourage green analytical procedures and environmental awareness;
– to support informed regulatory decisions and compliance with legislation;
– to emphasize the contribution of Environmental and Food Sciences for the human well- being.
This biennial conference will follow the format of the successful previous joint events held in Halkidiki, Greece (2004); Almería, Spain (2006); Marseille, France (2008); Matera, Italy (2010); Porto, Portugal (2012) and Ioannina, Greece (2014). The conference will provide all participants with a comprehensive multi-disciplinary update on pesticides and other organic micropollutants, especially emerging contaminants, highlighting environmental issues, new analytical techniques/technologies and food safety aspects.
The sessions will deal with the following main topics:
– New analytical techniques (green, micro, sensor-based methods, biosensors, etc…) and strategies for the analysis of pesticides and related organic emerging pollutants (e.g. passive sampling devices).
– Trends in the analysis of transformation products- Recent developments in high resolution mass spectrometry.
– Levels of residues of pesticides and emerging pollutants in water, sediments, soils, air, food, feed, agricultural products and biota.
– Occurrence, fate and behaviour of pesticides and related pollutants in the environment.
– Fate modelling in the environment.
– Natural removal processes of pesticides and related pollutants in the environment.
– Environmental protection and remediation techniques: Technology breakthrough for the removal of pesticides and emerging pollutants.
– (Eco)toxicity and environmental risk assessment.
– Policy relevance for the environment and food/feed safety aspects.
Scientists and representatives of enterprises and manufacturers are welcome; several oral communications will be reserved to specialists of companies and manufacturers, which are acting as Sponsors of the event.
Young–and not only-colleagues are invited to actively contribute to the scientific programme by presenting their research through Oral and Poster Presentations.
Several awards will be given and the Scientific Committee will evaluate and select the winners on the basis the scientific relevance of the addressed issues as well as on the quality of the presentations.
A special issue of the International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry devoted to the conference will be edited. This issue will contain peer-reviewed papers following the regular rules of this journal.